What’s ‘Qi’ wireless charging?
There are a couple of competing standards in the wireless charging industry designed for portable gadgets such as smartphones. Most smartphones support both the Wireless Power Consortium’s Qi and the PMA or AirFuel Alliance standards, meaning that they will work on most available chargers.
Qi is rapidly becoming the most popular wireless charging standard, and the one used by Apple for its new iPhone 8 and iPhone X.
How does it work?
Wireless charging works by transferring energy from the charger to a receiver in the back of the phone via electromagnetic induction. The charger uses an induction coil to create an alternating electromagnetic field, which the receiver coil in the phone converts back into electricity to be fed into the battery.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Axial fan operation check
- Car charger use matters needing attention
- How to reduce DC fan noise
- The advantages of 3D architectural printing tec...
- How to extend the life of DC fans?
- Data line manufacturer classification
- Basic introduction to HDMI cable
- What are the dust-proof methods for cooling fans?
- Wireless charger related knowledge
- Application of 3D Printing Service in Film and ...
- Wire-Outer-TPE Material Profile
- Spaced Wireless Charging
- Qi Agreement
- Wireless Charging Transmitter - Fixed Frequency...
- 5 Elements of Car Charger Purchase
- Common Car Charging Solution
- 3D Printing
- The Principle of Servo Motor