Standards refer to the different set operating systems with which devices are compatible. There are two main standards: Qi and PMA. The two wireless charging standards operate very similarly, but they use different transmission frequencies and connection protocols. Because of this, devices compatible with one standard are not necessarily compatible with the other standard. However, there are devices compatible with both standards.
Magne Charge, a largely obsolete inductive charging system, also known as J1773, used to charge battery electric vehicles (BEV) formerly made by General Motors.
Qi, an interface standard developed by the Wireless Power Consortium for inductive electrical power transfer. At the time of July 2017, it is the most famous standard in the world, more than 200 million devices supporting this interface.
In January 2012, the IEEE announced the initiation of the Power Matters Alliance (PMA) under the IEEE Standards Association (IEEE-SA) Industry Connections. The alliance is formed to publish set of standards for inductive power delivery that are safe and energy efficient, and have smart power management. The PMA will also focus on the creation of an inductive power ecosystem
Rezence was an interface standard developed by the Alliance for Wireless Power (A4WP).
A4WP and PMA merged into the AirFuel Alliance in 2015.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Axial fan operation check
- Car charger use matters needing attention
- How to reduce DC fan noise
- The advantages of 3D architectural printing tec...
- How to extend the life of DC fans?
- Data line manufacturer classification
- Basic introduction to HDMI cable
- What are the dust-proof methods for cooling fans?
- Wireless charger related knowledge
- Application of 3D Printing Service in Film and ...
- Advantages of wireless charger
- cable harness Industry quality standard
- HDMI cable 1.4 & 2.0
- USB 3.1 Type-C Cable
- The Benefits of Wireless Charging
- What is 3D Printing ?
- DC and AC Servo Motor
- Industrial Fans Flow control
- USB Car Charger Specifications
- Industrial Big Fan Feature