What is the difference between HDMI 1.4 and 2.0 ?
HDMI Forum Inc. organization announced that the version of HDMI 2.0 was finished and released. It enhances the support for 4K ultra-high definition transmission and improves several video and audio technologies.
HDMI 1.4 has supported 4K already. However, the speed is only 3840*2160 resolution and 30FPS frame rate. HDMI 2 extends to 18Gbps, which supports 3840 * 2160 resolution and 50FPS and 60FPS frame rate. At the same time, it supports up to 32 channels in audio and the highest 1536kHz sampling rate.
The performance of 1.4 is as same as 2.0, but including some major improvements.
1. Dual video streams can be synchronized to multiple users on the same screen.
2. Multiple audio streams can be transmitted synchronously to a maximum of four users.
3. Support 21:9 super widescreen display;
4. Dynamic synchronization of video and audio streams;
5. CEC extension can better control consumer electronic devices through a single control point.
HDMI 2.0 does not define new data cables and interfaces, so it can maintain perfect downward compatibility with HDMI 1.x.
Most HDMI devices need HDMI cable , such as HDMI matrices, HDMI switches, HDMI distributors, or projectors, TV sets, Blu-ray players, etc., have HDMI interface functions.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Axial fan operation check
- Car charger use matters needing attention
- How to reduce DC fan noise
- The advantages of 3D architectural printing tec...
- How to extend the life of DC fans?
- Data line manufacturer classification
- Basic introduction to HDMI cable
- What are the dust-proof methods for cooling fans?
- Wireless charger related knowledge
- Application of 3D Printing Service in Film and ...
- Principle of PWM intelligent controlled radiato...
- Some Misunderstandings about VGA, DVI and HDMI
- Characteristics of VGA、DVI、HDMI