In 2014, the WPC Wireless Charging Alliance released the 1.2 version of the Qi wireless charging standard. Subsequent iterations will be updated in the next few years. Recently, WPC has released the latest Qi standard on its official website. The version number is v1.2.4. This agreement will be enforced on March 8th, 2018. This means that wireless charging products that have been certified after March 8, 2018 will Qi v1.2.3 is no longer applicable, but it is over-qualified according to the Qi v1.2.4 standard.
Major Changes in the Qi Agreement
Qi v 1.2.3
Qi v 1.2.4
( Note: BPP: Basic Power Profile, EPP: Extended Power Profile )
Regarding Apple's 7.5W transmitter authentication, relative to Qi v1.2.3，Qi v1.2.4 has the following updates :The TX type MP-A11 is formally incorporated into the Qi standard at Qi v1.2.4.In Qi v1.2.3, this type of transmitter passes the BPP+FOD Extensions authentication. Under the newly released Qi v1.2.4, the transmitter authentication level has been simplified and will be certified by the EPP (MP-A11). .In summary, after the new agreement is enforced, the type of Qi authentication that Apple's 7.5W transmitter needs to pass is EPP (MP-A11).
Related Industry Knowledge
- Axial fan operation check
- Car charger use matters needing attention
- How to reduce DC fan noise
- The advantages of 3D architectural printing tec...
- How to extend the life of DC fans?
- Data line manufacturer classification
- Basic introduction to HDMI cable
- What are the dust-proof methods for cooling fans?
- Wireless charger related knowledge
- Application of 3D Printing Service in Film and ...
- Wireless Charging Transmitter - Fixed Frequency...
- 5 Elements of Car Charger Purchase
- Common Car Charging Solution
- 3D Printing
- The Principle of Servo Motor
- Servo PWM Signal Introduction
- DC Fan
- Cooling Fan Classification
- DC Cooling Fan Advantages
- The Difference Between Digital Servo and Analog...