1. The output current
The input voltage of the car charger on the market is basically 12V-24V, the output voltage is 5V, and the output current is about 1A-4A. Although most cars also have a USB port, the current is only about 500mA. When using a mobile phone to navigate, it is not enough to charge enough electricity. Taking the iPhone 6S with a battery capacity of 1470mAh as an example, a 1A current can be charged in just 2 hours or so, and the time for using the USB interface in the car is almost doubled.
2. Overload protection
The USB specification requires no more than 5A for current overload protection. The car USB charger needs overload protection because when the output current is too large and exceeds its own normal output value, the life of the charger element will be shortened or the temperature will be too high to cause damage or even burning. Therefore, the car charger used in the car must have overload protection measures.
3. Short circuit protection
Short-circuit protection is also necessary, because in the event of a short circuit, the cigarette lighter will be insured, and if it is lighted, it will burn. All car chargers on the market have short-circuit protection devices, but when the short-circuit device is unplugged, some products need to be unplugged and automatically start to continue power supply. Some products still do not supply power after the short-circuit device is unplugged. Pull out and re-inserted before continuing to supply power.
4. LED lights
The on-board chargers on the market are equipped with LED night light to confirm the position when driving at night. But the brightness of LED lights should pay attention, because driving during the day will not have any effect, but at night driving too bright may distract the driver's attention, affect traffic safety, in general, LED brightness can see both the USB interface The location is not dazzling.
5. Does it cost after power off?
Although 80% of vehicles are powered by cigarette lighters after the vehicle has pulled out the key, some car cigarette lighters continue to supply power. If the owner forgets to remove the phone car charger, will it damage the vehicle battery? In general, the car charger has no current output when the load is not connected. Even if you forget to unplug, only a small LED light is working, and the battery power consumed is negligible.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Axial fan operation check
- Car charger use matters needing attention
- How to reduce DC fan noise
- The advantages of 3D architectural printing tec...
- How to extend the life of DC fans?
- Data line manufacturer classification
- Basic introduction to HDMI cable
- What are the dust-proof methods for cooling fans?
- Wireless charger related knowledge
- Application of 3D Printing Service in Film and ...
- Common Car Charging Solution
- 3D Printing
- The Principle of Servo Motor
- Servo PWM Signal Introduction
- DC Fan
- Cooling Fan Classification
- DC Cooling Fan Advantages
- The Difference Between Digital Servo and Analog...
- Difference between DC Fan and AC Fan
- What Are DFP, DRP, and UFP?